Here's the list of content points
that I have compiled earlier.
1. The location of
Pompeii remained unknown.
2. Molten rock had poured over the area from later
3. This had altered the shape of the coast.
4. Debris from excavations had obscured the site.
5. Rainwater had hastened the decay of the site.
approach was disciplined/orderly.
7. He removed all the debris.
8. He installed a drainage system.
9. He made a systematic study of the ruins.
10. He traced the perimeter walls.
11. He mapped out the site/divided it into districts.
12. He identified/numbered the buildings.
13. He gave each object a
14. He recorded its position.
15. He left discoveries in their positions.
16. He recorded his
progress in journals.
17. He realised that
human remains could be found.
18. He noticed there was
19. He ordered liquid plaster to be poured into it.
20. He allowed it to solidify.
21. He had the surrounding ash removed.
22. He revealed figures/victims.
>> Activity: Apply
style to these content points.
Remember that you should use your own
words as far as possible, check your mechanical accuracy, and
have varied sentence structure. You may want to classify these
points into the 3 key areas required by the question, so as to have better
organisation and linking for your summary. For now, do not worry
about the word limit.
When you're done, we shall take a look at 2 sample summaries of the same passage
done by 2 candidates!
[ home |
| content | style
| learning points